School of Education
Ed.D, Harvard University, 2011
Ed.M, Harvard University, 2004
MA, Harvard University, 2007
Lindsay C. Page is an assistant professor of research methodology at the School of Education and a research scientist at the Learning Research and Development Center at the University of Pittsburgh. Her work focuses on quantitative methods and their application to questions regarding the effectiveness of educational policies and programs across the pre-school to postsecondary spectrum. Much of her recent work has focused on implementing large-scale randomized trials to investigate potential solutions to “summer melt,” the phenomenon that college-intending students fail to transition successfully from high school to college. Lindsay’s research has been published in a variety of academic journals, and she is the co-author of a new book on summer melt published by the Harvard Education Press.
EDUC 3103 - QUANTITATIVE METHODS 2
PSYED 3485 - ADV TOPICS IN RESEARCH DESIGN
Peer-Reviewed Articles (* indicates alphabetical authorship; ‡ indicates student co-author)
- Miratrix, L., Furey, J., Grindal, T., Feller, A. & Page, L. C. Bounding, an accessible method for estimating principal causal effects, examined and explained. Revise & resubmit. Lindsay C. Page – p. 2 of 8
- Morris, P., Connors, M., Friedman-Krauss, A., McCoy, D., Weiland, C., Feller, A., Page, L., Bloom, H., Yoshikawa, H. New findings on impact variation from the Head Start Impact Study: Informing the scaleup of early childhood programs. Revise & resubmit.
- Page, L. C., Castleman, B. L., Sahadewo, G. A.‡ & Kehoe, S. S.‡ More than dollars for scholars: The impact of the Dell Scholars program on college access, persistence and degree attainment. Revise & resubmit.
- Page, L. C., Iriti, J., Lowry, D. J.‡ & Anthony, A. M.‡ The promise of place-based investment in college access and success: Investigating the impact of the Pittsburgh Promise. Revise & resubmit.
- Papay, J. P., Bacher-Hicks, A., Page, L. C. & Marinell, W. H. The challenge of teacher retention in urban schools: Evidence of variation from a cross-site analysis. Revise & resubmit.
- Pimentel, S. D., Page, L. C., Lenard, M. & Keele, L. Optimal multilevel matching using network flows: An application to a summer reading intervention. Revise & resubmit.
- Castleman, B. L. & Page, L. C.* (2017). Parental influences on postsecondary decision-making: Evidence from a text messaging experiment. Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis.
- Dougherty, S. M., Goodman, J., Hill, D. V., Litke, E. G. & Page, L. C.* (2017). Objective course placement and college readiness: Evidence from targeted middle school math acceleration. Economics of Education Review, 58, 141 – 161.
- Iriti, J., Page, L. C. & Bickel, W. E. (2017). Place-based scholarships: Catalysts for systems reform to improve postsecondary attainment. International Journal of Educational Development.
- Anthony, A.‡, Page, L. C. & Seldin, A.* (2016). In the right ballpark? Assessing the accuracy of net price calculators. Journal of Student Financial Aid, 46(2), 25 – 50.
- Castleman, B. L. & Page, L. C.* (2016). Freshman year financial aid nudges: An experiment to increase financial aid renewal and sophomore year persistence. Journal of Human Resources, 51(2), 389 – 415. (Recognized as meeting What Works Clearinghouse standards without reservation)
- Feller, A., Grindal, T., Miratrix, L. & Page, L. C. (2016). Compared to what? Variation in the impacts of Head Start by alternative child care setting. Annals of Applied Statistics, 10(3), 1245-1285. Hurwitz, M., Mbekeani, P. P.‡, Nipson, M. M. & Page, L. C.* (2016). Surprising ripple effects: How changing the SAT score sending policy for low-income students impacts college access and success. Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis, 39(1), 77 – 103.
- Page, L. C. & Scott-Clayton, J.* (2016). Improving college access in the United States: Barriers and policy responses. Economics of Education Review, 51, 4 – 22.
- Arnold, K. C., Chewning, A., Castleman, B. L. & Page, L. C. (2015). Advisor and student experiences of summer support for college-intending, low-income high school graduates. Journal of College Access, 1(1).
- Castleman, B. L., Owen, L. & Page, L. C.* (2015) Stay late or start early? Experimental evidence on the benefits of college matriculation support from high schools versus colleges. Economics of Education Review, 47, 168-179. Lindsay C. Page – p. 3 of 8
- Castleman, B. L. & Page, L. C.* (2015). Summer nudging: Can personalized text messages and peer mentor outreach increase college going among low-income high school graduates? Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 115, 144 – 160.
- Dougherty, S. M., Goodman, J., Hill, D. V., Litke, E. G. & Page, L. C.* (2015). Middle school math acceleration and equitable access to 8th grade algebra: Evidence from the Wake County Public School System. Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis, 37(1S), 80S – 101S.
- Page, L. C., Feller, A., Grindal, T., Miratrix, L. & Somers, M-A. (2015). Principal stratification: A tool for understanding variation in program effects across endogenous subgroups. American Journal of Evaluation, 36(4), 514-531.
- Castleman, B. L. & Page, L. C.* (2014). A trickle or a torrent? Understanding the extent of summer “melt” among college-intending high school graduates. Social Science Quarterly, 95(1), 202 – 220.
- Castleman, B. L., Page, L. C. & Schooley, K.* (2014). The forgotten summer: Mitigating summer attrition among college-intending, low-income high school graduates. Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, 33(2), 320 – 344. (Recognized as meeting What Works Clearinghouse standards without reservation)
- Liebowitz, D. D. & Page, L. C.* (2014). Does school policy affect housing choices? Evidence from the end of desegregation in Charlotte-Mecklenburg, American Educational Research Journal, 51(4), 671 – 703.
- Castleman, B. L. & Page, L. C.* (2013). The not-so lazy days of summer: Experimental interventions to increase college entry among low-income high school graduates. New Directions for Youth Development (winter), 77 – 97.
- Page, L. C., Fullerton, J., Cohodes, S. R., West, M. R., Bacher-Hicks, A., Owens, A. & Glover, S. (2013). The Strategic Data Project Strategic Performance Indicators. Education Finance and Policy, Special Issue on Policy Briefs, 8(3), 435–456.
- Page, L. C. (2012). Principal stratification as a framework for investigating mediational processes in experimental settings. With commentary and rejoinder. Journal of Research on Educational Effectiveness, 5(3), 215 – 244.
- Page, L. C. (2012). Understanding the impact of career academy attendance: An application of the principal stratification framework for causal effects accounting for partial compliance. Evaluation Review, 36(2), 99 – 132.