Lisa S. Clone
Lisa S. Alfredson
- PhD, London School of Economics and Political Science, Departments of Social Policy/International Relations, 2000
- BA, McGill University, Departments of English Literature/Women’sStudies (Honors), 1993
Teaching and Research Areas
- Human rights politics and theory, transnational advocacy and non-state actors in world politics, globalization and international development, gender violence, refugees, children in armed conflict.
- Alfredson, Lisa. S. (forthcoming) Not Forbidden: Customary Slavery in the Era of Human Rights. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press. 400pp.[accepted for publication]
- Alfredson, Lisa. S. Creating Human Rights: How Non-Citizens Made Sex Persecution Matter to the World. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press (2008, 2009; eprint 2013). 328 pp.
Select Publications and Funded Research
- Alfredson, Lisa. “Making human rights universals from the ground up.” In Tirado Chase, Anthony (ed). Routledge Handbook on Human Rights and the Middle East and North Africa. London: Routledge. 2017.
- Alfredson, Lisa. “Gender, Violence and Human Security,” Review of Books, American Journal of Sociology. Vol. 120 No. 4. January 2015.
Consultancies, Public Service, and Awards/Honors
- 2009 “Outstanding Academic Title Award” in Political Science/ Comparative Politics, for Creating Human Rights (University of Pennsylvania Press 2008). Association for College and Research Libraries, Choice Review.
- Research Consultant, International Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers (International Secretariat-Amnesty International, London UK), 2001-2003.
- Politics and Practice of Global Human Rights
- NGO Advocacy in International Politics
- Introduction to Global Studies
- Scope and Method in Global Studies
- Human Security
- Sex and Human Security
Other Faculty and Academic Administration Positions
- Associate Director of Global Studies, University Center for International Studies, University of Pittsburgh, 2003-2008.