Office Loc 412-829-7112
- Performance Measurement for Nonprofit Organizations, Harvard Business School, 2005
- MPA, Graduate School of Public and International Affairs, University of Pittsburgh, 1993
- MSW, University of Pittsburgh, 1993
Dave Coplan is the Executive Director of the Human Services Center and the Director of the Mon Valley Providers Council. He began his tenure with the Center in 1990 as a student intern and has a Master's in Public Administration from GSPIA and a Master's in Social Work for Community Organizing, both from Pitt. He has worked for the United Jewish Federation and United Way, and has performed consulting for many agencies, including Auberle, Turtle Creek Valley Mental Health/Mental Retardation, UPMC Braddock, and McKeesport Hospital Foundation. He is an alumnus of Leadership Pittsburgh XIII, Leadership Development Initiative I, and the Human Services Executive Academy. Dave was founding Board member for New Century Careers and the Regional Business Alliance Foundation (immediate past president). Dave has published and nationally presented on his role in raising endowments for the Center. In 2006, Dave helped launch a new nonprofit, as the Founding Director of Advancing Academics, which will assist low-income, high-achieving youth to gain entry and financial assistance for college.
Teaching and Research Areas
Nonprofit management, fundraising for nonprofit organizations.
Select Publications and Funded Research
- Raising Endowment Funds for Small Nonprofit Organizations, Dove Fellowship Manuscript, Indiana University Center on Philanthropy
- “Mini Pledges Pay Off Huge Dividends,” The Registry
- Social Administration
- Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations
Other Faculty and Academic Administration Positions
- Executive Director, Human Services Center Corporation.
- Director, Mon Valley Providers Council
- Director, Advancing Academics