Jerome B. McKinney
- PhD, University of Missouri, 1969
- MA, Accounting and Business Administration, New Mexico State Highland University, 1964
- BA, Accounting, New Mexico State Highland University, 1963
Teaching and Research Areas
Public budgeting, public productivity, public economics, financial management, total quality management, public management, policy analysis, organization theory.
Select Publications and Funded Research
- “Is Strategic Auditing a Useful Approach to Small Business and Government?” Canada, 2007.
- ZZB and TOM Promise and Reality. Public Policy Press, 1995.
- Effective Financial Management in Public and Nonprofit Agencies. Quorum/Preager Publishers, 1995.
- Risking a Nation: U.S.-Japanese Trade Failure and the Need for Political Economic and Social Reformation. University Press of America, 1995.
- “Performance Budgeting and Accountability,” Public Budgeting and Finance (1994).
Consultancies, Public Service, and Awards/Honors
- Main Advisor, City of Pittsburgh Tax and Expenditure Option, 2006-2007
- Main Advisor, St. Paul Cathedral Committee on Race and Diversity
- Department of Health & Human Services
- PA Legislative Committee on Local Government
- Allegheny County Task Force on Drug and Alcohol
- Community Action Program, Pittsburgh
- Department of Revenue, State of Missouri
- Community Release Agency
- Government of the Bahamas
- Dentrade International
Work in Progress
- Co-author, The Mexican Revenue Systems: Comparison with the US, Public Budgeting and Financial Management
- Co-author, Budgeting and Resource Allocation in Mexico: Comparing with the US, Public Budgeting and Review
- State of Sustainability in Six Regions, Praeger, Burbank, California
- Budgeting for Sustainability: An Approach to American Policy-Making, Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland, 2017)
- Effective Financial Management in Public and Nonprofit Agencies, Santa Barbara, California: Praeger, 2015)
- Effective Financial Management in Public and Nonprofit Agencies, (Praeger, New York, 2004)
- Fiscal Aspects of Government (Pittsburgh, PA: External Studies, University of Pittsburgh, 1997)
- (Workbook and Analysis)With others (eds), Principles of Accounting Customized, (Cincinnati, Ohio): Southwestern Publishing Company, 1997
Other Faculty and Academic Administration Positions
- Coordinator, Financial Management Intern Program, U.S. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare