Martha Ann Terry
- PhD, 1994, Anthropology, University of Pittsburgh
- MA, 1985, Anthropology, Northern Illinois University
- BA, 1983, Anthropology, Northern Illinois University
Place Bio Here
Teaching and Research Areas
Human sexuality, reproductive decision-making, HIV/AIDS and women’s health, population studies, qualitative methods.
Select Publications and Funded Research
- With R.M. Goodman, R.K. Sharma, and K.J. Jaros, "Transforming a Public Health Curriculum for the 21st Century" in Jerome Branche, John W. Mullennix & Ellen R. Cohn (Eds)Diversity Across the Curriculum: A Guide for Faculty in Higher Education. Bolton, Mass: Anker Publishing Company, Inc. (2007): 136-144.
- With Myrna Silverman, Richard K. Zimmerman, Jean F. Nutini and Edmund M. Ricci. "Tailoring Interventions: Understanding Medical Practice Culture," Journal of Cross-Cultural Gerontology Vol. 19 (2004): 47-76.
- With C.L. McAllister, B.L. Green, V. Herman, and L. Mulvey. "Parents, Practitioners and Researchers: Community-based Participatory Research with Early Head Start," American Journal of Public Health, 93 no. 10 (2003): 1672-1679.
Consultancies, Public Service, and Awards/Honors
- Focus Group Consultant, Allegheny County Department of Human Services, Office of Behavioral Healthy Needs Assessment, Deaf/Deaf-Blind/Hard of Hearing Focus Groups
- Advisory Board, Bridging the Gaps
- Editorial Board, AIDS Education and Prevention
- Focus group consultant, UPMC Diabetes Institute
- 2007 Recipient of the GSPIA Annual Teaching Award
- American Anthropological Association
- Society for Applied Anthropology
- National Association of Practicing Anthropologists
- Pennsylvania Public Health Association
- American Public Health Association
- Skills in Development Management: Community Development and Focus Groups
Other Faculty and Academic Administration Positions
- Director, Master's Program, Behavioral and Community Health Sciences, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh
- Adjunct Research Associate, Department of Anthropology, University of Pittsburgh
- Senior Research Associate, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh
- Affiliated Faculty, Center for Latin American Studies, University of Pittsburgh