Lee S. Weinberg
Public and Urban Affairs
3802 Posvar Hall
- JD, 1976, University of Pittsburgh
- PhD, 1973, political science, University of Pittsburgh
- MA, 1970, political science, University of Pittsburgh
- BA, 1968, Franklin and Marshall College
Teaching and Research Areas
- Criminal law and procedure, constitutional law, law and politics, psychiatry and law, legal studies, public policy in law enforcement.
Recent Publications and Funded Research
- With Richard E. Vatz, "Any Lessons from Virginia Tech?" USA Today Magazine, July 2007.
- With Jay Shafritz. Classics of American Government, 3rd Edition. Thompson/Wadsworth, 2006.
- With Richard E. Vatz. "Mother Must Answer for Her Deadly Choice," The Baltimore Sun, 7 January 2002.
- With Richard E. Vatz. "Psychological Help for the Terrorized," USA TODAY Magazine, November 2001.
- With Richard E. Vatz. "Sexual Predator Statutes and Psychiatric Confusion," USA TODAY Magazine, July, 2001.
- With Richard E. Vatz. "Enter, With Caution," The Baltimore Sun, 19 January 2001.
- With Richard E. Vatz. "A Moderate Defense of Negative Campaigning," Hartford Courant, 14 February 2000.
- With Richard E. Vatz. "The Case Against John Hinckley's Latest Request," The Baltimore Sun, 18 April 2000.
Consultancies, Public Service, and Awards/Honors
- Expert witness: Adequacy of Private Security, Police Misconduct.
- Member, Security Law Institute Committee on National Standards on Adequacy and Foreseeability
Other Faculty and Academic Administrative Positions
Undergraduate Division Director, Graduate School of Public and International Affairs, University of Pittsburgh